Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bantal Unik Atau Konyol

Growing in very wet soil and swamps in eastern North America, Rhus vernix or the Toxicodendron vernix is a small tree that can grow up to 20 ft. tall. This woody shrub produces a resin called urushiol that, when it comes into contact with human skin, causes skin irritation that produces watery mucous. Better known as poison sumac, these trees are an essential trophy from summer camp or vacations in the woods. Below are the steps in treating poison sumac rashes. Identify through rashes. Poison sumac rashes often manifest themselves as rashes in places where your bare skin could have come into contact with the branches or leaves of poison sumac trees. Places like arms, face, and hands are the most commonly affected areas. The rashes often blister and fluids ooze out of them. Identify through leaves. Poison sumac pinnate leaves often have leaflets that are numbered from 7-13. The reddish green leaves are oval or oblong shaped and taper into a sharp point at the end. It has a wedge-shaped base and is usually 2-4 inches long. Depending on the season, there may be some greenish flowers on the branches that cluster loosely or gray and white berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List